Monday, February 5, 2024

Black Owned Brands to Try: Legendary Rootz and Gee's Bend








Affordable Black-Owned Brands to Try: Legendary Rootz and Gee's Bend 



Contains affiliate links and widgets from Collective Voice in which I earn a small commission for you clicking and or purchasing any of these items. Thank you for your support.


Legendary Rootz 

When I saw the Legendary Rootz brand on X, I had to buy something from it. Raven Nichole Gibson is the founder of the Arizona brand. Gibson started designing clothing in 2014 when she was attending Arizona State University. 

She started out making clothing and showing them on social media. Many followers started to contact her and ask her for her products. In 2016, she founded her brand. She received support because of her products and how she treated her customers. 

In 2022, Target contacted her about featuring her collection at the store. Her collection features other items. 

Her message is for all Black women to feel seen. I liked her message and the designs that I bought this shirt. 


I bought the Let It Be shirt. It states let black women be unapologetic. expressive. brave. soft. These are all things I want to be in life. 



Shirt Details 






It is a cream-colored cotton blend shirt. The neckline is crewneck. The length is long, and it is a classic fit. It is also gender inclusive. 


I like how the colors make it easy to match with other colors. I can wear it with my jeans, olive pants, purple, pants, black bottoms, or even this pink skirt. 

My only problem with this shirt is that it runs a little big since it is long. I recommend going down a size. I also recommend tucking the shirt in to have a polished look. This shirt is a little bit more affordable. It costs $15.


Find Here: Let it be

Gee's Bend 



Target also features another Black-owned brand. The brand is called Gee's Bend.  Local quilters in Gee's Bend, Alabama make the products. 

The great continues to make quilts and pieces based on 19th-century quilting methods.

You can find blankets, pillows, bags, jackets, pouches, journal covers, and shirts on Target. 


Shirt Details 






 The shirt was a good fit. I also like the colors. The colors make it easy to match with whatever you have in your closet. The cost is $20, which is more than most people spend on a shirt. But I am a plus-size person and our shirts usually cost that much. 



Find: Here


 


Conclusion: 

I love both of these brands and the message that send. I also love how there is something for anyone regardless of their gender or size. 
Both brands have a variety of affordable items to buy some as low as $5.